Friday, July 3, 2009

The Cost of getting a FL CNA license.

The most common question I get asked is, "How much am I going to have to spend to get my CNA license?" The answer to this question varies. Fortunately, Florida is the cheapest state to get you license in. "Why is this?",you ask, like I said in my first article, Florida is the easiest state to get your license in, thus making it cheaper than others. This is all because the expensive classes and/or college required in other states are not required in Florida.

What you need exactly:
To begin with, your going to need a prep course. For example, FloridaCNAonline.com. No, a prep course is not required, but jumping into something that requires a lot of studying and practice does not seem like a smart choice. Prep courses range in price starting from $49.99, all the way up to $1000+. I recommend going with my favorite prep course, FloridaCNAonline.com. They only charge $49.99 and offer an amazing course. If you must go with a course locally expect to pay around $350. So now that you have your prep course you ask "Whats next?" Now you will need to take your state exam. On average, for the typical English speaking Floridian, the test will set you back about $160. After passing your state test you will officailly be a CNA in the State of Florida.

Lets Add things Up!

Now lets add everything up. For comparison, I'm going to show you three examples of your total cost, depending on what course you choose.

Here is my first example, going with a course like FloridaCNAonline.com:

Course Cost-$49.99
State Exam Cost-$160
Total Cost to get your Florida CNA license-$210

Here is my second example, going with a local course that is reasonably priced:

Course Cost-$350
State Exam Cost-$160
Total Cost to get your Florida CNA license-$510

Finally my third example, going with a local course that is outrageously over priced and probably offered at a community college of some sort:

Course Cost-$1000+
State Exam Cost-Free, because I feel bad for anyone who would take this option.
Total Cost-Priceless because you probably don't have a brain.

I'll let you decide which option seems like the smarter choice. I hope this answers any questions you may have had about the cost of obtaining a Florida CNA license. If you don't feel satisfied with my explanation on the cost of getting a FL CNA license, please leave me a comment. If you liked the article please leave me a comment as well. If you feel Florida is too expensive and ripping you off, DON'T move to California, because their course is way over priced and lasts about a year.


Article links:

CNA Online Course- FloridaCNAonline.com

6 comments:

  1. I am happy to find so many useful information here in the post, thanks for sharing.
    Cna exam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really glad visiting this. Great work. Thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the support! Also, I just updated the cost of testing. It recently went up slightly. Should be accurate now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's good information on cna license. thanks for sharing good information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great information! Thanks for sharing.
    There is a fixed procedure for applying for a nurse practice license for the post of CNA. Here, read about the entire procedure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have written a great article about CNA study and costs in Florida. If you want to know more about CNAs such as licensing, salary by state and by area, visit this site.

    ReplyDelete